MEAT FREE MONDAY | Juice Head

4.2.13

 
Usually, January is the beginning of any sort of detox for most of us, but I believe that a good detox once a month, whether for a day or for a few days, is a good way to remind ourselves that we need to take care of our bodies. I am going on a juice detox - what on earth have I gotten myself into? - for a week, so thought I would share my first smoothie with you.

This one was made by my little cousin, Melissa, after we had an intensive workout session. It is a very simple one: ice, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries with a bit of water, and some maple syrup (optional) to cut the acidity.

 Tip: I like to freeze my berries before they spoil, which is a great way to preserve leftover fruits. My favourite is  to cut lemons into slices and freeze them for drinks or use them in juices.
 Why: Juice fasting is a great way of cleansing your body of accumulated toxins with the use of fresh fruits and vegetables. It helps both your digestive and immune systems, and is a good way to shed a few extra pounds. Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

 You can make this into a more substantial smoothie by replacing still water with sparkling water. Likewise you can use yoghurt and bananas (I'll pass on the bananas thank you) for a more formidable smoothie

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love this type of smoothie. What others will you be drinking?

    ReplyDelete

  2. this was an exceptionally nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to generate a really good article

    شركة نقل عفش
    شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض رخيصة


    ReplyDelete

Subscribe