BEAUTY | Cold Weather Essentials6.2.13
It's freezing in DC, and I dread to think of how much colder it will be in NYC this weekend when I take a day trip to do some fabric shopping. However, to make things just a smidgen more bearable, I will be relying on some Natural Winter Essentials as I brave the elements. Seeing that Emma H.'s Hot Weather Essentials was such a hit, I hope that this list will prove just as useful.
[From Top - Bottom & Left to Right]
1. Yes to Carrots Daily Cream Facial Cleanser, $7.99 | As my favourite natural cleanser so far, it gently cleanses and nourishes the skin. 96% natural and made with organic carrots, aloe vera and shea butter, it is the "cream" of the crop in facial cleansing luxury.
2. Melvita Rosehip Oil, $27 | This product is brilliant as it is multifunctional. It is ideal for dry or sensitive skin and an effective treatment for stretch marks and scars, and is 100% organic Rosehip Oil which is exceptionally rich in essential nutrients.
3. Carol's Daughter, Black Vanilla Shampoo and Smoothie Set, $30 | I use this from time to time as part of my hydrating routine. As a natural girl I need alot of moisture in the winter months, and this really does this. Better yet: No Parabens, No Petroleum, No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Colors
4. John Masters Organics Pomegranate Facial Oil, $30 | Beyond a moisturizer, this blend of 12 organic plant and essential oils instantly penetrates and nourishes dry skin. Use alone or add to any moisturizer for extra hydration. Perfect for facial massages and also great for hands, feet and body.
5. Ilia Lip Conditioner Balmy Days, $24 | I got this as a gift, and really consider it a lip-saver when I'm out (and in). However, because it's a little pricey, I swap between this & Burts Bees Pomegranate Oil Lip Balm which is just $3.00
6. Buddha Nose Deep Breathe Balm, $24 | So, you know how this type of weather presents us with congestion and colds? Well, this balm is great for opening up blocked airways with the presence of Peppermint and Rosemary essential oils, whilst moisturising the skin and relaxing chest and upper back muscles with the help of organic Lavender essential oil. All Natural!!
7. Weleda Skin Food, $12 | Finally, Weleda Skin Food is a tricky item for me. I love what it does, but am not the biggest fan of the scent. However, I got over that when I smeared some on. It is extremely thick and extremely moisture rich, which means your entire body is deeply hydrated, and protected from the ever horrid dry skin.
Please share with us YOUR favourite Cold Weather Essentials right now.