JOBS | Social Entrepreneur Intern (Paid)30.1.13
Shared Assets is looking for a creative, hardworking intern to join their new social enterprise. You will be excited by their vision of creating a 21st century commons, and committed to social and environmental justice. You’ll be organised and enterprising, with well-honed research skills and a flexible attitude and approach.
You may be interested in developing a career in social enterprise, regeneration, or environmental management. You might be a recent graduate, or looking to change career. You’ll be keen to make an impact in a small team, and always looking for creative opportunities to develop our new business.
Shared Assets is a new social enterprise that exists to promote and support increased community management of environmental assets such as waterways, green spaces, woodlands, and coastal areas. We believe significant new environmental and public benefits can be gained through increased collaboration between community enterprises and landowners.
Our vision is the creation of a 21st century commons.
We undertake research, support and develop projects, and carry out consultancy to support our aims and vision.
To bring additional capacity to the Shared Assets core team, providing particular support on research, social media and event organisation.
Responsibilities may include
- Researching current green space management practices by landowners and presenting the results in an accessible and coherent way
- Contacting and initiating relationships with local authorities and other landowners
- Researching current relevant policy
- Assisting with updating and contributing content to our website and newsletter
- Assisting with developing a social media and marketing strategy
- Assisting in writing and developing grant applications
- Assisting with planning and organising an event for Shared Assets clients and partners
- Contribute to reporting and evaluation of our work
- Provide support for the running of the Shared Assets office, other activities and events as needed
- The Development Manager will be your line manager
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree or experience of designing and carrying out research
- Proven experience of getting things done, both on your own and working in a team with other people
- Experience of organising (social or work related) events
- Well developed IT skills and confidence in the use of social media
- Ability to self administrate and work creatively with limited resources
- Passion for social and environmental justice and supporting individuals and communities to take greater control of the things that impact them most
- A good communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Well organised and good at getting things done
- Energy, flexibility, drive and sustained good humour
Terms and conditions
You will be paid on a freelance basis, at a daily rate. This payment is set at the ‘London Living Wage’ currently £8.55 per hour. The intern will not be employed by Shared Assets and will not be eligible for staff benefits.
Hours of work will be 2-3 days per week, normally within office hours, for a period of 12 weeks.
We will aim to treat this as a development opportunity. We will be happy to coach and support you during your time with us and provide you with exposure to as wide a range of our work and networks as we can (within the constraints of getting the day job done).
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV should not contain personally identifying information such as date of birth, gender etc. In your covering letter you should focus on how you meet the person specification for this role.
The application process is rolling and we will fill the position and close the process when we find the right person.
Deadline for applications: No later than Friday 15th February
At your interview we will focus on how your skills and experience will enable you to undertake the main responsibilities outlined in the job description.