STYLE | NBA Inspiration

11.7.13


Photos by Kenrick Stevenson from 3D
Ok, Stacy confession. I secretly like to watch basketball, but I refuse to tell the hubby as he'll probably make me read a Bill Simmons article, a book about the history of basketball, or, worst, send me stats about basketball players. Blah! I used to play basketball in high school (not because I liked it, but because I could play it; and yes I played a lot of sports) so my basketball knowledge dates up to then, and I was hoping to keep it that way. However, the last NBA Playoffs I got very much involved (as I did the last two times), vying for the underdogs--The Spurs.


Mr P. (the hubby) had a bunch of old jerseys, which he has owned since he was in high school (some 17+ years ago), so I grabbed the Spurs jersey, which thankfully was monochromatic, grabbed my little black skirt, and a second-hand cardigan Emma found in a charity shop and went on my merry little way.

 

Cardigan: Second-Hand Zara Embellished Cardigan | Jersey: Vintage Official NBA Basketball Jersey | Skirt: Miu Miu Mini | Shoes: Banana Republic Strappy Heels from Ebay.


Stacy H's Wardrobe Tip: Use your hubby's, father's, brother's or whomever's oversize sports jersey and wear as a dress with some hi-tops or gorgeous heels, or as a floaty top with a mini or some nice slim jeans. Go on Ebay and find a second-hand one or try charity shops. Its a great way to support your favourite team, and be fashionable (ethically). 
* The Day After we posted this Vogue Italia came out with their own snapshots of Basketball T-shirt Glamour

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Fantastic idea to raid Mr S's wardrobe. I love your outfit the top works so well with your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Style Eyes. It really is a good way to make HIS wardrobe YOURS (haha)!

      Delete
  2. And your outfit coulda totally made the Vogue Italia cut!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah SHUCKS Emzy! You're the sweetest!

      Delete

Subscribe