STYLE | WORLD FAIRTRADE DAY

11.5.13

Today, the fiance and I took a trip to JeDeCo at the Oxo Tower, which is a shared studio and space where ethical jewellery designer Anna Loucah invited us to make our wedding bands from my grandmothers' old gold, and fairmined and fairtrade gold. Coincidentally, it just happened to be World Fairtrade Day, so I thought it appropriate (although this too was by coincidence) to wear Fairtrade for the occasion. 

Today, I am wearing fairtrade guru, People Tree. My headwrap, as you know by now, was made by Emma H., from a People Tree Maxi Dress she shortened. Both the slouchy oversized cardigan and dress are also People Tree (the perks of having one of your besties having worked for PT). My tights are from Ethical Superstore and my shoes are from African brand BATA, which I bought in Kenya for the many trips into the savannahs and deserts. Rings were handmade by artisans in Indonesia and Kenya.


And yeah, it's COLD here in May...brrr


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Stylish Stacy in action :)
    Melting her gold with a blowtorch
    http://kalicatdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/recycling-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, you're making me blush. Love the photos. Sending you an email as we speak!

      Delete

Subscribe